Lesson Plan Title: Keeping The Environment Safe
Concept /Topic To Teach: How to keep animals and the environment safe and healthy
Standards Addressed: Each individual kid has the ability to make a difference in helping out the environment.
General Goal(s):Teach kids what they can do to keep wild animals safe, students will be able to demonstrate how to keep the environment clean.
Specific Objectives: Keep the environment clean, teach every day tricks to keep the world clean.
Required Materials: List of tricks.
(http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_actionitems.asp)
Copy for each student.
Anticipatory Set (Lead-In): I plan to bring in my audience by using pathos. Everyone loves animals, so I will show them a video of a clip of polar bears and how loveable they are, and then show a video clip of how they are quickly becoming extinct if there is not something done.
Step-By-Step Procedures: I plan to talk about the dangers animals are facing (ex: polar bears and dolphins). Then I will discuss the importance of their individual help in changing the world. EVERYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I will then show them small tricks that the kids can do each day that will help the issues. (show them the list and discuss)
Plan For Independent Practice:Each kid will get a copy of the list and circle FIVE things that they believe they can do each day in their normal routine. After the kids have circled five tricks on their paper, they will get up and share their ideas with the class. This will motivate other kids in the class to do the same.
Closure (Reflect Anticipatory Set): Remind how every person can make a difference to save innocent animals.
Assessment Based On Objectives: I would give each individual credit for completing the activity.
Adaptations (For Students With Learning Disabilities): I would go through all their options with them, and discuss why they could take part in the change. They will only have to choose THREE activities. When it comes time to share with the class, I will walk them step by step so that they can learn to speak in front of the class alone.
Extensions (For Gifted Students): I challenge the gifted students to come up with their own alternatives they could do to help out. I would ask them to make a list of three things that they can come up with on their own.
Possible Connections To Other Subjects: This activity deals with global warming, science, social studies, and environmental awareness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment