Julia Viscome
4/25/08
The Ocean Project
To whom it may concern,
Hello, my name is Julia and I come from a place where the marine environment is very important. I am excited to talk to you because I am very inspired with the impact your project provides while improving the ocean environment. My college campus is surrounded by the ocean, and my daily life revolves around the simple pleasures the ocean brings. I also take a great deal of pleasure in observing marine life. My future goal is to work with marine animals, more specifically, dolphins; Which brings up the meaning of this letter.
I am aware that your organization has quite the effect on the dolphin slaughter that is happening in Japan. This tragedy deeply distresses me, with enormous sympathy for the dolphins, porpoises and whales that are being shamelessly killed. Those shamelous slaughters have a strong impact on not only my future, but the future population of marine life. I am strongly apposed to the Japanese law, along with you, allowing more than 22,000 of these animals killed each year. However, I was very relieved to see the involvement your project has in an attempt to end this law. Such efforts as the dolphin petition, the ACT for Dolphins, your involvement in the International Day of Protest against the Japanese Embassy, and much more projects, have truly inspired not only me, but thousands of people around the world to put forth an effort. Your organization has brought forth public awareness to the issue, which is half the battle. I am truly inspired by your motives, and wish you encouragement in continuing to fight against the barbaric slaughters still being continued today in Japan.
I would love to hear a reply from you, concerning this issue.
sincerely,
Julia Viscome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment